Monday, June 2, 2008

Brandon Hayward On the Water


Well, I went fishing on my day off in pursuit of Catalina seabass. I hooked

a good one and decided to hand it off to a 17-year-old girl.  

Long story short, it ended up going 59.7-pound WSB!


I was stoked to see her get it, but I admit that handing off the fish of a

lifetime was a tough pill to swallow. I never looked at a 200- plus pound

tuna and thought, "I wish I had ground that thing in,"  

after handing off hundreds of them, but seeing how a seabass over 50 has a

spot on the wall (when I get a wall), it was bitter sweet. Her Dad never

said thanks or anything, and being a girl she didn't realize fully that they

aren't all 60 pounders. Still, her smile was huge it made here day.


Anyways, the fish was caught on an Accurate 665 Boss loaded with 80- pound

Blackwater Spectra to a topshot of 40-pound Blackwater fluoro that has been

on the reel for ages. The rod was a calstar 7470H and a Salas Christy 2 with

a couple of fresh dead squid was at the business end.


Brandon Hayward

No comments: