Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fishing the TwinSpin 12 in Oman








Howzit Accurate!

We did a trip down to Southern Oman last week in the Persian Gulf. The trip was shore based and we drove for about 11 hours to reach the area called Ras Madrakah. There is nothing there except a lot of wind! We had to take all of our supplies, tackle and beer. The wind was pumping but we still managed to fish off the small island just off the beach. Really awesome stuff fishing into 8-10ft surf.

I used the SR-12 with the 15-30lbs spinning rod with 50lbs braid. The outfit was awesome and I had no trouble with fish in the surf surge. I did get reefed a few times but that is par for the course! I was casting 40-70g lures into the wid and still getting good distance. Both rod and reel got thouroughly soaked and I fell into gullies a few times with the reel going under and everything carried on working. I have opened the reel now back at home and cleaned it up.

Cheers,
Nick Bowles

No comments: