Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A fish to Remember in the Maldives Islands


During my recent guiding trip in the Maldives we caught all kinds of Gamefish from GT`s, Dogtooth & Yellowfin Tuna, Snapper, Grouper and a lot of Sailfish (60-130lb).

But on the 10th of March, in the late afternoon the ultimate fight was ready to transpire.

A huge 530lb Black Marlin took my small Island Bullethead Lure with a Williamson Ballyhoo rigged on 130lb Fluorocarbon Leader (My Favorite Sailfish Lure!).

My Accurate ATD30 limited Edition on my Custom Calstar Rod was the best tackle I could have ask for. More than 4 1/2 hours I battled this Giant on 30lb Momoi Line, before it finally gave up.
After enormous runs, followed with series of jumps and deep dives the Big Black came in wire length. After the 4th shot to wire, this Monster was leadered, and carefully brought aboard. After the Pics were taken, we released the fiesty Black who was still kicking with plenty of life.

Thank you ACCURATE - you Guys gave me more a man could ask for - WORLD CLASS REELS FOR WORLD CLASS FISHING

Oliver C. Schwenke
BigGameShop.com

No comments: