Monday, November 23, 2009

Two Super Cows for Wahoodad on the Intrepid



Intrepid Long Range Trip, San Diego, California

“Today's fish is one we all dream about when it comes to giant yellowfin tuna,” said the Intrepid report for November 22. “Charter master David Choate, ProStaffer for Accurate Reels, caught the fish he has been after for a long time today. All of us here on the Intrepid are very proud to have been a part of it. Congratulations Wahoodad! As for our day, two more super cows and several large cows to go along with half a dozen between 150 to 180 pounds!”

Chartermaster Choate wrote this: “I have a couple of things to say about this trip. I was out on the Intrepid on the December 26th-January 5th trip this last year. On that trip, I hooked a fish that took three backups, and finally it chewed through, after a three-hour battle. I thought that was it, my only chance ever at a fish like that. Then, I was fortunate enough to go again on the Red Rooster III with John Grabowski three weeks later. On my birthday on that trip, I got boiled on by the biggest tuna I had ever seen, and it cherry-picked my bait. Again, I thought, blew that chance! Never again.

“So, here we are again, and I did indeed get that 3rd chance. And this time I was able to overcome all obstacles, landing a very large Yellowfin Tuna, biggest one I've ever seen. Weight is only an estimate, not record shattering by any means. But a doggone good one. Next, it was a spectacular trip because of our 26 anglers, I'm pretty certain 25 of them have a personal best! We didn't all get cows or super cows, but we did an amazing feat in my eyes. I'm sure Kevin will have more to talk about on the way home.”

More details to come........

Report by Bill Roecker with FishingVideos.com

www.AccurateFishing.com

No comments: