Friday, September 12, 2008

Great Yellowfin Tuna Off California Coast


I was on a Bongos 6 pack charter on September 11. After a 2 hour run to the 43 spot, our first stop was on a big kelp, and as we drifted away from it the yellowfin tuna started boiling on the chum. We were there for a long time and the 35-40# tuna never left us. We filled both fish holds and 1 bait tank with Yellowfin tuna before we left. I used my 2-Speed Boss 270 with 25# test and 50# spectra backing to sack 7 Yellowfin in 2 hours. What a difference the smooth TwinDrag and the low gear made especially when these tuna were in the circle with other fish hanging. I was in control, and took less time to put'em on the deck never losing a fish. What others took a half hour I was done in 15-20 minutes.

I Fished Hard thanks to Accurate!
Pete Polusky

No comments: